Do you try new types of food when you go to a Mexican shop?

Friday, February 19, 2010

Los Reyes Mexican & Seafood - Shrimp Burrito Review (2/19/2010)

 

 Los Reyes Mexican & Seafood
1270 Picadoor Blvd. Ste. I
San Diego, CA 92154-7428
(619) 690-3788

This Mexican shop is pretty well hidden is located in a small plaza where the old DMV & Post Office used to be.  It's more of a sit down type restaurant and has a very nice "homey" feel to it.  I was recommend to try out their food by one of my friends so here's the review.

Shrimp Burrito Review: (2/19/2010)
 
 
 

Ingredients: Shrimp, Mexican salsa, rice, tarter sauce and diablo sauce.

Size: 7/10
Burrito is about average in size.  The burrito was long in length, but skinnier than most burritos.  If you look at the picture, it is a little longer than the table knife.

Taste:  8.5/10
This burrito was very tasty and will be on my top 5.  I like the rice they used, it has an authentic Mexican taste that separates itself from the rest I've tried.  I usually don't eat tarter sauce but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Didn't even taste like tarter sauce in my opinion. 

Will I Get Full? 8/10
I got full after eating the burrito.  The rice can get you full alone.  Has a perfect blend of spices and the taste stands out.  This burrito should get you full because of the flavoring of the rice and shrimp. 

Shrimp count: 12
Only 12 shrimp, a disappointment, however the taste of the burrito and the rice make up for it.  The shrimp did not taste like any regular shrimp, it had it's own marinated taste that was delicious. 

Recommend? YES!
This burrito shop has a small restaurant like feel to it.  Everybody that worked there was very friendly.  They serve different types of seafood plates so if you like Mexican seafood, there are a lot of options to try here.  As an added bonus, they offer chips and salsa with no charge so that's a PLUS!




Price: $3.99, after taxes $4.34 (So far the cheapest shrimp burrito I've encountered)



Have you eaten at Los Reyes Mexican & Seafood?  How did you like it?  Give us your thoughts and leave a comment below.


Reviewed By Neil at: www.BestShrimpBurritos.com

Los Reyes Mexican Food on Urbanspoon



Bookmark & Share

No comments:

Post a Comment